Monday, December 29, 2008

sectoral heterochromia

I was concerned about a new movie trailer I saw on TV recently.. "The Unborn". It's about a girl who has two different colored eyes. She finds out that she was a twin and the other baby died in the womb. Now the unborn brother she never new is out to haunt her and get his revenge. Well, as those who know me, also know I have multi colored eyes too! So I did some research. No I am not a twin. But, It is hereditary. So from this I am safe from haunting. When I was in grade school I used to tell the kids that picked on my eye color that I was a witch and not to make me mad. Or I would go out into the woods on the next full moon and cast a spell over them. lol! It was fun while it lasted.

So, by definition - what I have is called Heterochromia, A condition in which the two irises of an individual have different colors, or in which one iris has two colors.The Partial Heterochromia that I have is rarer. Most people like husky dogs, cats and horses have one eye that is say blue and the other is brown. I get to be a mixed up mess, lol!

2 comments:

Ginger said...

I always thought you were a rare creature. :) That is funny about the movie trailer. Glad you are safe from haunting.

pat72 said...

I've got Sectoral Heterochromia too. Interestingly enough, Heterchromia (both sectoral and full) can be caused by Genetic mosaicism. One cause of which is having absorbed a twin in in utero (commonly referred to as Chimerism. So you may not be out of the woods on the whole haunting thing yet!

More common causes of Heterchromia is an injury, for example David Bowie has two differnt colored eyes do to an injury in his youth.