Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Oklahoma




more to the point... South East Oklahoma. Traveling down here with T. This corner of the state is hilly and forested. It makes me home sick really. Last night was a heavy rain storm with hail. Apparently it has rained for the last 5 days here. So the ground has standing water and the creeks and rivers are full and high. The humidity is high, (83%) it's taking some getting used to. I'm more used to it about 25%. guess I'm a highlander now. it's harder to breath here. My hair is all frizzy. I washed it last night and it's still damp this noon. and it's 81 degrees .. getting warm! Ahh, feels good. The sky is different here than Colorado. it's a lighter blue and the clouds are more cotton ball like. There are lots of birds singing. Oh, and I saw a June bug this morning. lol! bet there are fire flies later in the summer. I"d put a tornado shelter in my basement. Overall, I would add this area of the state to my list of possibility.

No comments: